I swear I try to be regular here and I really do have a ton of posts lined up at different stages of completion, but somehow I just can’t seem to make it all work. My resolution for 2017 is totally going to be working this all out and managing my time better.
Anyway, I am back and have brought with me a keeper of a recipe for an easy-peasy muffin which you can put together in no time. A banana recipe again, because I can’t stop buying bananas just to let it overripe and make something with it. I
Five minutes of prep work, twelve minutes in the oven is all the time you need to make these delicious muffins.
Here’s what you need and the how to.
- 1 and 1/8th cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 2 eggs/ 2tbs ground flaxseed mixed with 5tbs water and set aside for five minutes at least
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp baking soda (you can skip this if you are making it for a baby, the muffin may not fluff up as much)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup/honey (I used 1/8 cup dates syrup because that’s all I had and 1/8 cup of maple syrup and added a tbs or two of powdered jaggery)
- 1 apple – peeled and grated (I squeezed out the excess juice)
- Cinnamon powder (to taste; optional)
- Preheat oven to 180*C.
- Grease a muffin tray and keep aside (this makes enough batter for 12muffins).
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients from 1-6 in order till it is all combined well. I used the ‘S’ blade of my hand blender and it took less than a minute for everything to come together.
- Fold in the grated apple and stir in the cinnamon, if using.
- Pour the batter on to the greased tray and bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
It took me less than twenty minutes to put this together and the house smelt divine by the end of it. ❤
You can add in nuts/chocolate chips/blueberries too to this recipe.
This makes for a great snack option for toddlers and works as an on-the-go snack for adults as well.
If you are into freezing food, I guess this would be a good option.
Try and let me know how you like it? 🙂