Hello! I am back with another recipe that my kiddo loved. I had a couple of plantains lying in the fridge that had to be used up and I wanted to make something nice and easy and this is what I did.
This is no new recipe, I just did what I would usually do if I had to make aloo tikki but with plantains instead. Here’s what you would need and the how to.
- 2 plantains – Boiled and mashed
- 1 small onion – finely chopped
- a handful of quick cooking oats – to absorb excess moisture and as act as a binding agent – adjust quantity as needed
- a small bunch of fresh coriander – finely chopped
- 1 tsp chilli powder – adjust according to taste
- 1 tsp dhania powder
- a couple of fat pinches of roasted jeera powder
- 1/2 tsp amchur powder
- 1/4 tsp Chaat masala (optional)
- salt – as per taste
- breadcrumbs or roasted rava/semiya – for rolling the tikkis before roasting
- Boil and mash the plantains, add all the other ingredients to it except the breadcrumbs.
- Mix everything well and knead into a dough of sorts.
- Roll into tikkis and coat them in breadcrumbs and pan fry them on both sides with some oil until golden and crispy and you are done.
I served this with a yogurt-mint dip/chutney. This works great as a starter. The given quantity makes about 6 tikkis.